10 – 13 Maret 2015 | IDR 9.750.000 at Jakarta
21 – 24 April 2015 | IDR 9.750.000 at Bandung
5 – 8 Mei 2015 | IDR 9.750.000 at Bogor
9 – 12 June 2015 | IDR 9.750.000 at Yogyakarta
Participant (who should attend) Cathodic Protection and Corrosion Control
Technical personnel of Oil & Gas, Geothermal and Petrochemical Company who involves in or concern with daily pipeline, structure and surface facility maintenance against external corrosion, and offshore platform, jetty, steel pile and tankers maintenance against seawater corrosion, and those who responsible on the integrity and continuity of industrial oil and gas transportation through pipeline system.
Course Objectives (why attend) Cathodic Protection and Corrosion Control
This practical approach course is designed to provide a comprehensive understanding of applied external corrosion prevention and control for onshore pipeline, structure & surface facility and offshore structures using paints, coatings, wrapping, and cathodic protection, and to empower the technical personnel to control and monitor the cathodic protection and evaluate the results of the protection measures.
Program Summary (what the participant will get) Cathodic Protection and Corrosion Control
After completion of this course, participants will better understand how corrosion occurs and why corrosion attacks industrial, geothermal, oil & gas pipeline, surface facility and offshore structures, and get improvement on how to prevent, control and minimize the corrosion damage.
The participant will also be provided with practical knowledge on the role of materials and design in combating external corrosion, how to select and apply paints and coatings for atmospheric service, wrapping materials for underground and underwater service, special technique and materials for marine and splash zone corrosive environment, and a simple practical approach to design and apply cathodic protection for onshore and offshore application.
Course Content Cathodic Protection and Corrosion Control:
In this practical course participants will learn from and discuss with professional instructor the following subjects:
- Characteristics of the Corrosion Cells and Corrosion Mechanism of Underground Pipeline and Onshore Surface Facility
- Physical & Metallurgical Conditions of Pipeline Metals and Chemical Composition of Soil & Water that Promote Corrosion
- Soil Corrosiveness Parameters, its Measurement Technique, Devices, Analysis and Interpretation of the Results
- Cathodic Protection Criteria and the NACE Standard and Recommended Practice for Underground Onshore Pipeline
- NACE Standard and Recommended Practice for Application of Coating and Wrapping Materials for Underground Onshore Pipeline
- Selection of Cathodic Protection System to be Applied, Design Calculation and Choice of the Anode
- Consideration in the use of Sacrificial Anode or Impressed Current Anode
- Choice of Additional Materials to be used in Cathodic Protection Installation
- Practical Approach to Avoid Cathodic Protection Current Interference and Stray Current Damage
- Cathodic Protection Criteria and the NACE Standard & Recommended Practice for Offshore Platform, Pipeline, Facility and Structure
- Seawater Corrosiveness Parameters, its Measurement Technique, Devices, Analysis and Interpretation of the Results
- NACE Standard and Recommended Practice for Application of Coating, Lining and Cladding Materials
- Selection of Paint & Coatings Systems and its Application for Marine Atmospheric Corrosion of the Topside Structure
- Selection of Paint & Coatings Systems and its Application for the Very Corrosive Splash Zone
- Selection of Coatings System and its Application for Underwater Pile and Structure
- Selection of the Sacrificial Anode, Design Calculation and the Anode Location for Under Water Application
- The use of Bracelet Type Anode and the Extra Protection to Resist Concrete Casing Corrosion
- NACE Standard and Recommended Practice for Industrial Corrosion Control
- Soil & Water Resistivity, its Measurement Technique, Devices, Analysis and Interpretation of the Results
- Coating Resistance, Coating Defect and the use of Coating Parameter for SACP Design
- Potential Measurement Technique, Devices, Half-Cell & Materials, Analysis and Interpretation of the Results
- Measurement Technique and Practical Guidelines for Determination of Protection Current Requirement
- Practical Measurement Technique to Test Individual Anode Condition and Anode Ability to Transmit Protection Current before Purchasing
- Design of SACP Backfill, Cable Connection, Test Post and Potential & Current Monitoring Point
- Inspection Technique, Monitoring, Maintenance and Evaluation of SACP Performance
- Determination of Protection Current Requirement and Location of the Remote Anode System
- Design Calculation for the Application of Transformer/Rectifier and the Prevention of Over Protection
- Practical Guidelines for the Selection of Effective ICCP Anode Type and Material
- Design Calculation of Transformer/Rectifier and the ICCP Electrical Component and the Prevention of Coating Damage
- Design of ICCP Ground Bed, Cable Connection, Test Post and Potential & Current Monitoring Point
- Inspection Technique, Monitoring, Adjustment and Evaluation of ICCP Performance
- Anticipating ICCP Failure or Damage due to Foreign Pipeline Crossing
- Anticipating Hazard in Working with Transformer/Rectifier ICCP
Course Leader Cathodic Protection and Corrosion Control
This specially designed course will be conducted by Hilman Ahmad & Associates, an Independent Consultant in industrial oil and gas, member of the Society of Indonesian Petroleum Engineers, who manage the Professional Industrial Oil & Gas Education Center, and has been practicing production operation & safety and corrosion control engineering in Indonesia for more than twenty-five years. He post-graduated from Tokyo Institute of Technology (sponsored by UNESCO) in 1977. He joined in-field-practice program at Nippon Kokan Steel Company & Research Center Kawasaki, Japan for production facility design & construction and corrosion prevention & control in 1983, and collaborated with Cormon Industrial Research Center Brighton UK for on-line corrosion monitoring development in 2000. He has been delivering training course in production operation, maintenance & safety and corrosion control for personnel from Oil & Gas Company and Petrochemical Industry since 1979.
General Information Cathodic Protection and Corrosion Control
Certificate of Appreciation
All attendees will receive a certificate of appreciation attesting to their participant in the training. This certificate will be providing in exchange for a completed training questionnaire.
- Quality training material kits will be on registration, additional papers, & handouts assignment by TIM.
- Note-taking by participants is encourage. However, to ensure free and open discussions, no formal records will be kept.
Casual clothing is recommended. The training atmosphere is informal.
Facilities Cathodic Protection and Corrosion Control
- Quality training material (hardcopy and softcopy)
- Quality training kits included calculator, T-shirt or jacket, cap, ect.
- Interactive presentation with discussion
- Convenient training facilities with five star quality
- Lunch per day
- Morning and afternoon coffee / tea breaks for along the training
- Certificate of Completion
- Local drop and pick up for arrival and departure between airport to hotel.
- Half day city tour at the end of training session following by dinner with entertainment (optional)
- Exclusive flash disk.
TIME &VENUE Cathodic Protection and Corrosion Control
- Jakarta, 10 – 13 Maret 2015
- Bandung, 21 – 24 April 2015
- Bogor, 5 – 8 Mei 2015
- Yogyakarta, 9 – 12 June 2015
- Jakarta, 28 – 31 Juli 2015
- Bandung, 4 – 7 Agustus 2015
- Bogor, 15 – 18 September 2015
- Yogyakarta, 27 – 30 Oktober 2015
- Jakarta, 3 – 6 November 2015
- Bandung, 15 – 18 Desember 2015
Tuition Fee & Registration Deadline Cathodic Protection and Corrosion Control
- IDR 9.750.000,-/ Person
- Registration deadline a weeks before training held.
This training will be conducted if we receive registration letter from 3 (three) participants (Minimum)
CATHODIC PROTECTION AND CORROSION CONTROL