07 – 08 Februari 2019 | Rp. 3.900.000 di Menara Peninsula/Ibis Hotel/Lumire Hotel, Jakarta
04 – 05 Juli 2019 | Rp. 3.900.000 di Menara Peninsula/Ibis Hotel/Lumire Hotel, Jakarta
Management and Leadership Skills Training Objectives
The successful managers must have an awareness of basic management and leadership skills and processes, specifically not only be able to plan, schedule work, organize resources, actuate and control the process to achieve desired objectives effectively and efficiently but also to inspire, motivate and develop his/her people. However many managers get promoted without a proper development in place that leads him/her thinking and working as an operative people.
This Management and Leadership Skills course offers the kind of practical learning with the objective to develop the skills and knowledge of managers to enable them to be more:
- effective in their organization’s day-to-day work
- successful in achieving the results for which they are accountable
- successful in contributing to positive business results.
Management and Leadership Skills Training Other Benefits
By attending this workshop, participants will
- Have a broader knowledge of the management process
- Increase the ability in planning, organizing, actuating and controlling
- Know how to determine his/her objectives, determine the strategy to achieve them and develop relevant programs
- Have an ability to establish an action plan to meet the needs.
- Start thinking ‘like a manager’
- Understand how to spent more time ‘leading and managing’ and less time ‘doing’
- Understand the importance of leadership for PT Faber Castell Indonesia
- Has an understanding oh his/her own leadership (strong and weaknesses)
- Understand how to be an effective leaders
Who Should Attend Management and Leadership Skills Training
- Supervisors or
- Managers with less than one year of experience, they will gain the skills and knowledge experienced managers depend on.
Management and Leadership Skills Training Duration
Two days – 16 hours.
Management and Leadership Skills Training Agenda
1. Introduction / Background
- Workshop objectives
- Manager roles and functions.
2. Part-1: Management Skills
- Explain why planning is needed in organizations
- Describe the steps in planning process
- Why organizational is important
- Describe the steps in organizing.
- Actuating Activities (Motivating, Communicating, Selecting people, and Developing people)
- Explain why the control function is necessary
- Activities of controlling
g. Practical Exercise: Implementation
3. Part-2: Leadership Skills
a. What is Leadership
- Definition and Why leadership is important
- Self-leadership assessment.
b. Leadership Behavior
- Leader behavior: Task behavior
- Leader behavior: Relationship behavior
c. Leadership Styles
- The four leadership styles
d. Follower Readiness
- Ability and willingness
- Readiness indicators
- The four readiness levels
e. Leadership Styles and Readiness Levels
- Leadership styles and readiness levels
f. Your Leadership Styles
- Your leadership style profile
- Consequence of leader behavior
g. Leadership Training Action Plan
- Concept implementation on participants own subordinate development plan
4. Leadership Integrated Games
- Combination of problem solving and decision making, group dynamics and situational leadership.
5. Closing (Summary and Conclusion).
Management and Leadership Skills Training Facilitator:
Sahala P. Sinurat, MSc He accomplished, after getting a scholarship from Overseas Fellowship Program (World Bank), his master degree in Operations Research from University of Delaware, Newark (US) in 1990.
With a proven record of teaching, training and consulting experiences and exposure to different cultures behind him, as he held several positions at various organizations that include:
- Consultant and Professional Staff to Lembaga PPM
- Training and Development Manager for Rothmans of Pall Mall Indonesia
- Training and Development Manager for the British American Tobacco (BAT).
Mr Sinurat has more than 8500 hours of teaching in addition to his consulting experience. His client list include PT Phillip Morris Indonesia, PT Jasa Marga, PT Pelindo II, PT DaimlerChrysler, PT Capsugel Indonesia, PT Telkom, PT Pembangunan Jaya Ancol, PT BAT, PT Rothmans of Pall Mall Indonesia, PT Coca Cola Bottling Company, PT Amarta Karya, PT Surveyor Indonesia, PT DoverChemical, etc.
Management and Leadership Skills