April 14-17, 2015 | Rp 8.900.000 at Batam
September 28 – October 01, 2015 | Rp 8.900.000 at Bandung
GAS COMPRESSION AND FLOW METERING OUTLINE
Overview of Gas Compression
Field gas compression systems.
- Inlet gas compression prior to treating.
- Outlet gas compression prior to export pipeline.
- Compression for gas lift, gas gathering, condensate recovery, transmission & distribution, gas re-injection & pressure maintenance.
Type of Compressor
Positive-displacement or intermittent flow and continuous flow units.
- Reciprocating compressors.
- Rotary positive-displacement and centrifugal compressors.
- Axial and mixed-flow compressors.
- Comparison between compressors and compressor selection.
Basics and Performance of Gas Compression
- Isothermal, isentropic and polytropic ideal compression processes.
- Real gas behavior and compression ratio.
- Design and determination of the number of stages.
- Inlet flow rate and compression power calculation.
- Compressor control and performance maps.
- Nomograph for estimating compressor performance.
- Estimation of HP required for compressing natural gas.
- Performance testing guidelines for centrifugal compressors.
Practical Guide to Accurate Flow Measurement.
- Requisites of flow measurement and reference standards .
- Custody and non-custody transfer.
- Flow installation requirements and operational considerations.
- Maintenance meter equipment, readouts and related devices.
- Proving systems and auditing.
- Accuracy, rangability and turndown.
- Head type and mechanical type.
- Electronic flowmeter and mass flowmeter.
Practical Aspects of Flow Metering.
- Orifice plate, venturi, flow nozzle and Pitot tube.
- Variables area meters.
- Mechanical flowmeters.
- Turbin and rotary flowmeters.
- Electronic and vortex flowmeters.
- Ultrasonic flowmeters.
- Mass flowmeters.
- Coriolis flowmeters.
- Thermal mass flowmeters.
Who Will Conduct You During The Course?
Hilman Ahmad & Associates, an Independent Consultant in industrial oil and gas, member of the Society of Indonesian Petroleum Engineers, who manage the Bandung Industrial Oil & Gas Education Center, and has been practicing production operation and corrosion control engineering in Indonesia for more than twenty-five years. He post-graduated from Tokyo Institute of Technology (sponsored by UNESCO) in 1977. He joined in-field-practice program at Nippon Kokan Steel Company & Research Center Kawasaki, Japan for production facility design & construction and corrosion prevention & control in 1983, and collaborated with Cormon Industrial Research Center Brighton UK for on-line corrosion monitoring development in 2000. He has been delivering training course in production operation and maintenance and corrosion control for personnel from Oil & Gas Company and Petrochemical Industry since 1979.