24 – 27 March 2014 | IDR 7.000,000.00 / participant di Yogyakarta
25 – 28 Agustus 2014 | IDR 7.000,000.00 / participant di Yogyakarta
20 – 23 October 2014 | IDR 7.000,000.00 / participant di Yogyakarta
DESCRIPTION BASIC ELECTRICITY TRAINING
This course is designed for anyone who needs to understand basic electricity in order to improve efficiencies and uptime at their industrial plants and large building facilities. We approach our students as if they were our own employees, giving them a real world “hands-on” electrical education. When they are finished taking this course they will be able to go back to their workplace and immediately apply what they have learned.
OBJECTIVE BASIC ELECTRICITY TRAINING
Attendees will learn to:
- Understand how electricity is produced and distributed.
- Know the difference between AC and DC.
- Identify the relationship between voltage, current and resistance.
- Use the Ohm’s Law wheel to determine electrical values.
- Understand the three hazards associated with the use of electricity.
- Understand electrical power and power measurement.
- Identify the characteristics of the three basic electrical circuits.
- Identify the types and characteristics of commonly used electrical test equipment.
- Understand how electricity is distributed through commercial and industrial facilities.
- Understand the terminology associated with and operation of major electrical components in a distribution system.
- Read basic electrical distribution diagrams.
- Identify the types of PPE required for various electrical tasks.
- Understand the importance and basics of a Lockout Tagout program.
- Understand the purpose of the National Electrical Code and its relationship to maintenance tasks.
- Define basic electrical terms found in the National Electrical Code.
- Identify general requirements for electrical work defined in the National Electrical Code.
- Identify properties of the different types of conductors and insulation materials.
- Read and interpret NEC Table 310.16 reproduced in the Ugly’s manual to size wire.
- Identify the different types of raceways available for wiring.
- Identify the correct methods to wire various electrical components and equipment.
- Learn a systematic approach to simple troubleshooting.
- Understand the importance of an Assured Equipment Grounding Conductor Program and the use of GFCI’s.
- Understand the basic types of electrical maintenance performed in industrial plants and facilities.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND ON BASIC ELECTRICITY TRAINING
This course is designed for anyone who needs to understand basic industrial electricity in order to improve efficiencies and safety at their industrial plants and large building facilities. Attendees come from a wide variety of industries, skill-levels, company sizes, and job titles, so if you’re not sure you’ll fit in or will benefit from the class, don’t worry – you will – as long as you work with electricity!
People who will benefit from attending this seminar include
All Maintenance Personnel in
- Manufacturing Plants
- Commercial Buildings
- Waste Water Facilities
- Government Buildings
- Research Facilities
- Shopping Centers
- Apartment Buildings Including
- HVAC Technicians
- Machine Operators
- Alarm Technicians
- Non-Electrical Engineers
- Building Engineers
- Stationary Engineers.
- Low Voltage Specialists
- Multi-craft & Cross Training Personnel
- Any person needing a basic course in industrial electricity
SUMMARY OUTLINE BASIC ELECTRICITY
- Production & Distribution of Electricity
- DC and AC in Plants and Facilities
- Voltage, Current and Resistance; Ohm’s Law
- -Basic Electrical Circuits
- Series Circuits
- Parallel Circuits
- Series / Parallel Circuits
- Power: Types & Control
- Single-phase and Three-phase Systems
- Workplace Electrical Safety
ELECTRICAL TEST EQUIPMENT for EVERYDAY USE
- Voltage Testers
- Verifying a Circuit De-energized
- 3 Modes of Failure: Opens, Shorts, Ground Faults
- Clamp-on Ammeter
- Meters for Special Circumstances
UNDERSTANDING YOUR BUILDING ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
- Reading Electrical Single-Line Diagrams
- Major Components
- The Electrical Service
- Main Distribution Centers
- Switchgear and Circuit Breakers
- Overcurrent Protective Devices
- Panelboards and Branch Circuits
- Lighting Circuits
- Electrical Floor Plans & Facility Wiring
WORKING SAFELY with INDUSTRIAL ELECTRICTY
- Hazards & Dangers of Electricity
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Lockout/Tagout (LOTO)
- Developing Safe Work Practices
THE NATIONAL ELECTRICAL CODE
- Purpose and Overview
- Important Definitions and Terminology
- Overview of Installation Requirements
- Qualified Persons”
- Conductor Types & Materials
- Selection of Wire Insulation
- Sizing the Wire for the Job
INSTALLING WIRE (CONDUCTORS)
- Cable Trays
- Fittings and Boxes
INSTALLING and WIRING EQUIPMENT
- Wire Nuts, Terminals and Crimpers
- Switches and Receptacles
- Fluorescent Ballasts
- Temporary Wiring
BASIC TROUBLESHOOTING TECHNIQUES
- Branch Circuit Problems
- Control Circuits
- Isolation of Components
- Checking & Replacing Fuses
ELECTRICAL MAINTENANCE ACTIVITIES
- Performing Checks as part of an Assured Equipment Grounding Program
- Use and Operation of GFCI’s
- Types of Electrical Maintenance
- Special Precautions
- Case Study
INSTRUKTUR BASIC ELECTRICITY TRAINING
Teguh Santoso, Ir
Teguh Santoso experienced more than 26 years in Electrical.
TIME & VENUE BASIC ELECTRICITY TRAINING
- Jentra Dagen Hotel, Yogyakarta
- 24-27 March 2014
- 25-28 Agustus 2014
- 20-23 October 2014
- 4 days – 08 am – 04 pm
IDR 7.000,000.00 per participant non residential
- Module / Handout
- Training Kit
Basic Electricity for the Non Electrician